Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shoebridge/Ford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lily1

lily1 Report 12 Nov 2007 10:11

Ethel M Ford married Gilbert Shoebridge June1915. From what I can make out Ethel was born in 1886 Budliegh salterton Devon and Gilbert the Isle of wight. Has anyone a connection as I am stuck with my tree
Thanks Anne

jansmith

jansmith Report 12 Nov 2007 10:18

Do you have the marriage certificate as this will /may give their fathers names and occupations ,which would help in searching for them on a census

Heather

Heather Report 12 Nov 2007 10:52

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1915
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clayton Elsom James Portsmouth 2b 1539
>>>Ford Ethel M Shoebridge Portsmouth 2b 1539
James Mildred M Clayton Portsmouth 2b 1539
>>>Shoebridge Gilbert Ford Portsmouth 2b 1539

Using the above ref you can buy the certificate from GRO online for £7 and get their fathers' names and occupations which will help find them in the census and you will then be able to follow the families back through generations via census and certificates.

So that people dont duplicate any research can you tell us exactly what you do have on these people - certs, census etc.