Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sayer births in Hong Knog

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karsue

karsue Report 14 Nov 2007 02:59

I am trying to expand on the current SAYER information that I have been given and found Would any one be able to help me able to find more information on the family Would hey be in the British records can I obtain Brith records for those born over seas

George Sydney Burton SAYER went to Shanghai beginning of the 1910 While there he married Jeanie Hall
Had a daughter Katherine died 1910
Further children Kathleen born 1913 Margaret born 1914
Possible a son born 1916 not confirmed
I have gained this information from ship records

I would like to know what happened to this family George was a journalist for the Morning Star Last known per Ship record they left England for china in 1936 the parents

In 1933 Kathleen was in England and boraded a boat back to china

Any informaiton no matter how small would be appreciated

karen

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 14 Nov 2007 04:06

Hi Karen

Some of the records are in the GRO Overseas Indices. These are available to view (for free) on www.familyrelatives.com. Any that you do find on there, you can then order the certs from the GRO, in the same way as English ones.

I found George & Jennie's marriage and Margaret's birth (refs below), but couldn't see Katherine's death or Kathleen's birth.

GRO Consular Marriages 1906-1910:
Sayer, George S B, Hall, Shanghai, p429
Hall, Jennie, Sayer, Shanghai, p429

GRO Consular Birth Indices 1911-1915:
Sayer, Margaret E, Shanghai, p579

Cheers,
Richard

karsue

karsue Report 5 Dec 2007 01:21

Sorry for the late reply did not see your posting THANK YOU very much
You made my day

karen