Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sophia BRAND, Cambridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne Report 14 Nov 2007 08:16

Sophia BRAND born 25 December 1811 to Henry BRAND and Ann KING. Baptised St Giles Cambridge 26 January 1812. Twin sister of Rebecca. Other siblings include Sarah, John, Henry and Elias. Rebecca married a PAPWORTH.

Sophia married James COOPER of Milton Cambridge in 1833. Their son was Henry James COOPER born 1834, died pre 1838. Sophia gave birth to daughter Rebecca in September 1834, father to Rebecca was James FURBY of Mepal. By this time James Cooper was in Australia as a convict. Looking for more on Sophia, as after her Settlement Examination in 1838 I can find no more evidence of her life. I think Sophia's daughter Rebecca was working as a servant for the PEACH family in 1851, according to census - I do know there were 2 Rebecca Cooper's born around the same time in Cambridge. Any more information on Sophia or Rebecca would be welcome.