Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Zealand deaths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 14 Nov 2007 15:00

Does anyone have access to BMD records for New Zealand? My great great aunt Alice Craig-Hallam died in New Zealand after emigrating there in the 1950s - anyone out there who would be able to look for her?!

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 14 Nov 2007 17:20

nudge

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 14 Nov 2007 22:43

nudge

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 16 Nov 2007 11:37

Steven,
You absolute star!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is her :-) :-) My nan's going to be so excited to hear about this. Alice was slightly older than the 78 years given, but am not greatly surprised the age is slightly askew. But its definitely her!

Thanks for the info too about ordering her death certificate - is there an index to the BDM's that i can search?

Thank you again, this is amazing news!

Nathanael

Stevendeg

Stevendeg Report 21 Nov 2007 22:12

Hi Nathanael, sorry to take time to reply you. I was away for 5 days to Tasmania. Last night I came home.

So that's excellent. I am glad to help you.

You could try to go Auckland Library to see if they have any BMD to look up.

I will go to my genealogy society tomorrow to look up some microfilms for myself, also NZ BMD for you but I am not sure if they have indexes in 1992. I will contact you tomorrow.

Cheers, Steven.