Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

flower family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gary

Gary Report 14 Nov 2007 17:21

I am trying to trace my nan's family all I know is her name was gwendoline ethel flower. She was born 3/4/1909 either london or buckinghamshire.Iknow she had a sister called elsie grace flower born 05/07/1904.She was always known by the name grace.Idon't know if there were any other sisters or brothers or their parents names. Gwendoline died 30/09/1992 in the bexhill area of sussex and elsie died oct/nov 1992 I think also bexhill area as that is wher they both lived. Gwendoline was married to frederick victor tompkins born feb 1910 aylesbury buckinghamshire. they had 3 children ronald 1934 diane 1939 and patricia 1942. Ihope you can help thanks dawn.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Nov 2007 17:22

have you looked on Freebmd because those years are on there and you may well find lots of refs for certs etc

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2007 17:24

The birth cert will tell you the full names of her parents

Name: Gwendoline Ethel Flower
Year of Registration: 1909
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Fulham
County: Greater London, London, Middlesex
Volume: 1a
Page: 183

Reg

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Nov 2007 17:35

this is Elsie Grace birth ref

Births Sep qtr 1904

FLOWER Elsie Grace Hendon 3a 295

You need one of the certs to find the parents names then they can be looked for on the 1901 census

Gary

Gary Report 14 Nov 2007 17:39

the date of birth I have for elsie grace flower is 5th july 1904 so I don't know if I have it wrong or not dawn.

Gary

Gary Report 14 Nov 2007 17:41

is there anyway of finding out if they had any more brothers r sisters thanks dawn.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Nov 2007 17:46

That would be right, Dawn. The one that was posted was Sep. quarter 1904 which covers July, Aug., Sep.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Nov 2007 17:54

Sept qtr denotes when registered and covers July/Aug/Sept registrations , You had six weeks to register a birth and an early July birth would be reg before end Aug. so would come under Sept qtr.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Nov 2007 17:58

Marriage for Gwendoline and Frederick

Sept qtr 1932 Gwendoline E Flower to Tompkins Hendon 3a 1381.

That cert will give both dads names & professions and be a help in going back to the 1901 census or in finding the parents marriages