Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lenderyon, Cornwall baptism lookup?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 17 Nov 2007 23:23

I have an Ann Lenderyon born c1816 in Helston, Cornwall. I am looking for her baptism to get her parents.

It seems Lenderyon is a very uncommon name, with just a handful of them in Cornwall, so a different spelling is quite possible. However, of the handful I found, none could be parents of Ann!

Any information greatly appreciated.

Dianne

Dianne Report 17 Nov 2007 23:50

Hi Pamela

I came across this one, which looks very probable, through the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks site.

Ann Landeryou baptised 2 April 1815 at Helston, parents William and Elizabeth Landeryou of Wendron. William's occupation is labourer.

It is a bit of a fiddle to get to it though.

First open the Cornwall Parish Clerks site

http://cornwall-opc.org/

Then find Helston, there's a photo of it.

Then you will see written underneath the photo that Don Curkeet has transcribed the records for Helston and there is a link to click on to get to his website.

Dianne xx

Julie

Julie Report 17 Nov 2007 23:53

Then i wonder if these were her siblings

. JAMES LANDERION - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Male Christening: 04 NOV 1810 Helston, Cornwall, England

MARY LANDERYON - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 30 OCT 1808 Helston, Cornwall, England

ELIZABETH LANDERION - International Genealogical Index
Gender: Female Christening: 24 JUN 1807 Helston, Cornwall, England

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Nov 2007 00:01

thanks for those... I will investigate!

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Nov 2007 22:10

Thanks very much for the Cornish OPC connection... from that I agree the record you found looks the most likely, and Julie those children also appear on the OPC as likely siblings.

I've also just realised I can get Ann's marriage certificate which will confirm all, hopefully!

Many thanks

Dianne

Dianne Report 18 Nov 2007 23:06

Hi Pamela

Glad to be of help.

Happy researching !!

Dianne xx

Pamela

Pamela Report 20 Nov 2007 11:01

Just wanted to say with the help of the various Cornish OPC's I've found a lot more about this family, going back a couple more generations, even though they couldn't spell their name the same way in more than 2 of any of their BMD/census events!

Dianne

Dianne Report 20 Nov 2007 11:05

Well done Pamela. Great news!!

Dianne xx