Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Salford Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 19 Nov 2007 17:20

Hello

is any one going or has access to records for Salford.

I am trying to trace my mothers father as he left her when she was 4 years old in around 1946. They lived at 44 Darwin Street in Salford. His name was William Irving and my nan was Violet Connor (nee White). I would like any records or any information about this fella.

I know mum used to go to the court office to collect child maintanence that William had to pay.

A DOB would be helpful, i know he was born in Maryport Cumbria. Any information would be appreciated!!!

Del

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 19 Nov 2007 17:59

anyone?

Sam

Sam Report 19 Nov 2007 18:15

I'm not sure what you are hoping to find.

For an electoral roll lookup, you need an address. Did he marry your gran? If so, you need to find his marriage and buy the certificate, that would have his age and you could then find his birth.

Sam x

Delboy1978

Delboy1978 Report 21 Nov 2007 23:32

no, she was married to someone else. They arent named as the father on the birth certificate, she put her husband, but through the court she got him to pay child maintainence money.

He was with my nan 4 years which isnt a long time but had 2 girls and he didnt come back when he left.