Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nottingham death 1900

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 20 Nov 2007 13:29

Can anyone help me please ?
Have my g.grandmothers death cert for 1900
It was registered by a Martha Keetley (sister)
Didn't know she had a sister called Martha. Is it poss to check this out please ?

1881 My g.g.is 18 and at home with family in West Street , Arnold, Nottingham. No sister Martha !

Have found a marriage between a Martha and Isaac Saxton Keetley in Sept. 1879. She appears to be 4 years older than my g.g. therefore prob born in 1859

1881 census shows isaac & Martha Keetley married and in Newcastle Street, Nottingham. Both aged 22.

or was this Martha Keetley sister in law ??
My g.g. was married to a Fred Clarke so Marthas maiden name could have been Clarke
But i have no evidence of a Martha of that age in either family

I'm confused !
Thanks.............
Sue

Julie

Julie Report 20 Nov 2007 13:34

Hi Sue

Could you post your Gt G/mothers name to find her in the 1871

Julie

Julie Report 20 Nov 2007 13:39

If this is the right marriage Marthas MN is Bland

Marriages Sep 1879 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bland Martha Nottingham 7b 355
BROWN Francis Thomas G Nottingham 7b 355
KEETLEY Isaac Saxton Nottingham 7b 355
RAWORTH Selina Nottingham 7b 355

Susan

Susan Report 20 Nov 2007 19:25

G>G> was Elizabeth Hartshorn
In 1871 she was with her parents in Williamsons yard, Arnold, Notts. No elder sister mentioned unless she had already left home.

G.G. was born in Arnold in 1863

This Martha registering her death as her sister is really strange.

Thanks for replying guys
Sue x