Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hodgetts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 21 Nov 2007 17:42

Hi this is a shot in the dark here but who nos lol
Im looking for a Lily May Hodgetts born around 1886 who at i think the age of 16 got married to a William Rowley
Has anyone got her ih there tree? If so could you please let no
Thank you jan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Nov 2007 17:44

To find out if she is in anyone else's tree........use the search trees option at the top of the page.

Do you know where she was born?

Reg

Penny

Penny Report 21 Nov 2007 17:44

The best way is to search trees - above- and contact people directly

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Nov 2007 17:47

If this is the marriage........are you guessing at the pairings? Or do you have evidence that her married name was Rowley?

Lily May Hodgetts 1902 Oct-Nov-Dec Kings Norton (To 1912) Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire

Fanny Satira Payne 1902 Oct-Nov-Dec Kings Norton (To 1912) Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire

John Pratt 1902 Oct-Nov-Dec Kings Norton (To 1912) Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire

William Rowley 1902 Oct-Nov-Dec Kings Norton (To 1912) Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire

It would help if you told us what you wish to know about this woman.

Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Nov 2007 17:49

Her birth?

Name: Lily May Hodgetts
Year of Registration: 1886
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Kings Norton (To 1912)
County: Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
Volume: 6c
Page: 441

AND...............1901 census

Name: Lily May Hodgetts
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1887
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: William
Mother's Name: Eliza
Where born: Balsall Heath Kings Norton, Worcestershire, England

Civil Parish: Balsall Heath
Ecclesiastical parish: St Paul
County/Island: Worcestershire

Registration district: Kings Norton
Sub-registration district: Kings Norton
ED, institution, or vessel: 65
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 140
Household Members: Name Age
Eliza Hodgetts 49
Lily May Hodgetts 14
Percy Hodgetts 28
William Hodgetts 49

Reg

Penny

Penny Report 21 Nov 2007 17:50

Jessie Rowley 1913 Oct-Nov-Dec Hodgetts Aston Warwickshire

Percy W Rowley 1919 Oct-Nov-Dec Hodgetts Kings Norton (1913-1924) Staffordshire, Warwickshire

William Rowley 1912 Oct-Nov-Dec Hodgetts Aston Warwickshire

Winifred E Rowley 1917 Jan-Feb-Mar Hodgetts Kings Norton (1913-1924) Staffordshire, Warwickshire

Janet

Janet Report 21 Nov 2007 18:38

Thank you all so very much for the help and relies i did search trees but no luck on finding anyone with her in it i was hoping to find any relations to her as i believe she was my grandmother thank you all you have been very helpful Jan xx

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 21 Nov 2007 19:17

If the birth in Balsall Heath that Reg found for you is the right one, then there is someone called Paul with this person in his tree.

Just put Lily Hodgetts into the quick search box at the top of the page (don't put the middle name in).

Kath. x

Janet

Janet Report 22 Nov 2007 10:29

Thank you Kath i did ask Paul if i could see his tree and found out all are there apart from my dad i am waiting on another reply from Paul now
Thank you for your help
Jan xx