Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 pension records/ancestry...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 22 Nov 2007 14:31

Until this afternoon i had no idea my g grandfather was discharged in the First World War due to being wounded. I have found the record on Ancestry which i have looked at, please can anyone else just take a quick look and see what they think his wounding was.....
his name was William Stephen Peart born in Gloucestershire 1884.
many thanks Rebecca.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Nov 2007 14:37

As far as I can see it doesn't give details. Just says....no longer physically fit for further war service.

Which of the 5 pages are you looking at?

APOLOGIES - I can see it now and agree with the others.

Kath. x

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 22 Nov 2007 14:39

I did wonder whether shrap meant shrapnel, thank you both.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 14:40

Rebecca

I can't see on there anywhere where it says about a wounding..Ok i didn't go past page 1

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 22 Nov 2007 14:40

Thank you everyone who has replied..... Rebecca.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 22 Nov 2007 14:41

The wounding is listed on about the 3rd or 4th page....i just couldnt make out what it had said..

Darklord

Darklord Report 22 Nov 2007 14:46

Looks like they discharged him for not being phsyically fit for service