Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hilda Mabel Tripp an ongoing mystery

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marmite

Marmite Report 24 Nov 2007 21:53

I not been able to find anything out about Hilda mabel Tripp.

She was the sister of John Francis Tripp 25th Feb 1909. Hilda was born October 21 1906 St Mary London. I think she married William Lee Hussey July 5th 1930.She would be dead now or very old at 101!!

I never met her she was my grandfathers sister (my grandfather was John Francis Tripp).I always ask myself did she have children? if yes where are they? when did she die? etc.

Any ideas?? anyone???

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 21:57

???

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Sybil Hilda M Hussey
Name: Sybil Hilda M Hussey
Birth Date: 21 Feb 1906
Death Registration Month/Year: Feb 1997
Age at death (estimated): 91
Registration district: Bournemouth
Inferred County: Hampshire
Register number: E7D
Entry Number: 235

Pamela

Pamela Report 24 Nov 2007 21:59

You could search the ancestry birth indexes from 1930 onwards for Hussey births with the maiden name of the mother "Tripp", but its a long process, quarter by quarter.

How sure are you about the marriage? If in doubt, that should be looked for first, and the certificate ordered...

I'll do a couple of lookups for you in a few minutes..

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Nov 2007 22:00

The only suggestion is one you have probably had before..........plough through the bmd's

Too much for anyone else to do, as you don't have any clues, but findmypast units only cost £5.00 for 50..enough to search 12 full years in one of the indices for one person.

Have you got the cert for the marriage you mention?

If not, start with that, and check that the father's details match those of John's father...........

Then, you can look for children..............

Reg

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 22:00

Marriage seems definate, looked at the register and hilda m tripp married hussey in july 1930

will try some birth entries up to 6 yrs later for you

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 22:05

Michael J Hussey born 4th qtr 1932 mother maiden name tripp

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 22:10

thats the only child born as hussey with mother maiden name trip from 1929-1939

Marmite

Marmite Report 24 Nov 2007 22:24

Well I know her birth as 100% her marriage as 95%.

Full info: Hilda Mabel Tripp then became Hussey.

Birth St Mary, St Marylebone, 21st October 1906, mother Annia Mabel Tripp, father John Francis Tripp. Brother John Francis Tripp 1909. Marriage cert I have. Info: 5th of July 1930 husband William Lee Hussey Holborn.

Thats all I have probably not enough??? my granfather (RIP) said she died young but thats all if she married maybe she died in her 40's??? she was 24 when she married- she must have had a kid or kids!! if so where are they??? Skeletons in the closet spring to mind!!

Marmite

Marmite Report 24 Nov 2007 22:26

Stepahnie your info looks hot!! but Tripp is spelt TRIPP. Any more info??? ;-) He would have been born 2 years after her marriage and would now be in his late 70's!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 22:34

This seems definately her son not sure what you mean by the spelling

stephanie

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 24 Nov 2007 22:35

sorry, just re read my post, the maiden name is definatly spelt TRIPP

Marmite

Marmite Report 24 Nov 2007 22:37

I have removed the duplicate threads from the other areas so not to waste peoples time sorry I forget how it works here.

The spelling is TRIPP not Trip.

Hilda Mabel Tripp then Husey. Do you think her son is Michael??? whats his full name?? thanks :-)

Marmite

Marmite Report 24 Nov 2007 22:39

Steph,

Can I find out where he is or what happned to him? or is that a needle in a hay stack type of job??

Michael J Hussey born 4th qtr 1932 mother maiden name tripp

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 24 Nov 2007 23:25

There is a death of

Name: Michael John L Hussey
Birth Date: 14 Nov 1932
Death Registration Month/Year: Oct 1990
Age at death (estimated): 57
Registration district: Aylesbury Vale
Inferred County: Buckinghamshire
Volume: 19
Page: 879

That could possibly be the same guy. If you got his birth cert you might be able to match up the birth dates.

Mhairi

Mhairi Queen of Scots

Mhairi Queen of Scots Report 24 Nov 2007 23:46

After posting this I remembered that I had seen the name before so have gone back over some old threads.

Dont you already know this about Micheal and his family? And have actually spoken to his family?

Justin ***** 08/01/2007 18:10:32

Yes a possible death was suggested to me as circa 1943 Q1, 5C, 503 aged 42. I told that date to my mother and she thought it was too early. My mother remembered meeting her. My mother was born in 1943. Thats funny as I was told she died young so 42 would be young- unless my mother is wrong? which would not be the first time!

On the marriage cert of Hilda to William Lee Hussey 12th July 1930 it says the father of William Lee Hussey was Charles Hussey and he was either a Captain or a Chaplain, living at 5 Buckridge buildings, (something).... Estate Holbourn (its hard to read). They were living together when they married. Can we know about Williams father? can we know when William died or was born? I actually spoke to Hilda's sons, sons, daughter's son! (well by email) his father sadly took his own life when he was 14 so it hard to know much about Hilda.

Justin ***** 08/01/2007 18:24:02

An alleged decendent of Hilda told me the following by email if it helps the trail? See below: He said-

'My father was Michael John Hussey (known as John Michael Hussey, photographer), child of Hilda and William Hussey. I believe there was an older brother who died in childhood, named either Terence or Terry. Unfortunately my father suffered from serious mental health problems and committed suicide in the family home when I was 14 years old, so I do not have much information about him.

I also had 3 sets of grandparents when I was a child, so I assume that Hilda and William divorced and remarried, but I don’t know for certain. I have photos of me and my grandfather (William I assume) in his shop in London. I think Hilda might have run a pub at some point?'

Justin ***** 08/01/2007 18:39:41

The marriage cert says:

Willima Lee Hussey aged 27, occupation waiter, father Charles Hussey, 'Captain or Chaplian' ?

Hilda Mabel Tripp aged 23, occupation Fur Saleswoman, father Francis William Tripp (now he calles himself Francis!! not Thomas!! I give up!) occupation Insurance Officer.

On Hilda's bith cert the father is named as 'Francis James Tripp' what is he playing at????????????????????!!! Did he marry a cousin? or is it just a simple admin error as some on this site have said? See the messages above this one.

Marmite

Marmite Report 25 Nov 2007 09:39

Well MQS, If that is Michael, he is now dead and he would have been the son of mystery Hilda Mabel. I have about 9 names and address that a kind person gave me for 9 Michael Hussey's; I going to write to them explaining the tree and just put my email address. Then if one is our man he can email and let me know. I dont know any other way as know one has contacted me via this site.

Hilda would have seen the queen by now if she were alive and from the help here, our man would be over 70 he was born in 1932 two years after HIlda got married, if info is correct. I'll post my thoughts on this hobby on chat!!

The 9 address I have are not in Bucks! oh god!! its worth a try.Needle hay stack job.

Marmite

Marmite Report 25 Nov 2007 09:45

Yes MQS, I have been down here before last year. I contacted a Michael Hussey in Herts via post and he emailed me. He is not the son of Hilda, see above. So I still dont know.

All I know is my grandfather said she died young. He is now dead himself, and my mothers knows nothing. I never met Hilda. I am sure she married as per the marriage cert I have to Williem Lee Hussey and of course I have her bith cert. I sent of for a marriage cert. Its hard as I am not in the UK.

The trail stops there. I thought I had found Michael alive and well last year but it was not him. I am no further.

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 25 Nov 2007 21:26

The problem is on here most of us are going backwards not forwards.

You might get lucky if a relation of yours joins the site and you get a Hot Match but the majority of us are looking for ancestors and finding living cousins is an added bonus.

If you get a brick wall then there are always other branches to explore. Each generation back is going to double the possibility of finding interesting ancestors.

Good luck
Sue