Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Nottingham parish records look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 25 Nov 2007 23:09

I am looking for more information about a Melicent Woolfitt (there are plenty of spelling variations!), born in Newark Nottinghamshire in abt 1806.

She married John Maples (born 1801 in Lincolnshire) in 1825 and her children were all born in Newark, her last being born in 1836/1837 so I can't even order a birth cert to be sure of her name!

I would be very grateful if anybody has access to parish records from that area that they are able to look up a baptism or any other information about her, her parents or siblings.

Thank you,

Vicky

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Nov 2007 23:20

have you looked on the IGI??

sylvia

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 26 Nov 2007 08:42

Sorry I had to go last night. Yes I have looked on the IGI to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Vicky X

faerykingdom

faerykingdom Report 27 Nov 2007 21:45

Thanks Neil, I'll try that.

Vicky X

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 27 Nov 2007 21:57

The marriage is on IGI but unfortunately a submitted entry which I put no faith in. However the spelling there is Milicent Woolfit. Date 16 May 1825.