Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any help ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 26 Nov 2007 07:16

William James Lusk born Ireland 1877(abt) mother Jane 1839 (abt)
How do I find records - immigration/birth etc. Any ideas??? thanks
I believe they immigrated in the potato famine 1855. Where do I send for death certificate for Glasgow?

Sam

Sam Report 26 Nov 2007 09:23

If you mean that they immigrated to England or Scotland then you won't find any records, there was free passage as they were all part of the same country.

Sam x

Moggie

Moggie Report 26 Nov 2007 10:10

Are these the William and Jane that you are researching?
I haven't found them as yet on an earlier census. You could get Jane's death certificate online at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk which should give you details of her parents and husband. £6 is the minimum credit for the site. A possibility for this is a Jane Lusk died 1917 born c 1838.
Maureen

1901 Scotland Census
about William Lusk
Name: William Lusk
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
Relationship: Head
Mother's Name: Jane
Where born: Ireland
Registration Number: 644/11
Registration district: Hutchesontown
Civil Parish: Glasgow Govan
County: Lanarkshire
Address: 412 So Wellington St
ED: 29
Page: 10 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 45
Line: 4
Roll: CSSCT1901_308
Household Members: Name Age
Agnes Lusk 28
Jane Lusk 62
Maria Lusk 26
Mary Lusk 30
William Lusk 23
Jane Whitelaw 25
Maria Whitelaw 1
Mary Whitelaw 4
Samuel Whitelaw 2

P.S Agnes, Mary and Maria are his sisters. Jane Whitelaw is a visitor. All born in Ireland.

Jane

Jane Report 26 Nov 2007 14:42

Thank you Moggie, I have found william was born in Antrium Ireland - mother Jane Lusk Forbes born1838 died 1917 - father James Lusk (?? no information ) Ireland - must have died before 1901