Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Baptism lookup please Welshpool pre 1837

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pauline

Pauline Report 26 Nov 2007 22:33

Hi,can anyone help please? Lookin for a baptism of Elizabeth Evans born about 1813 in Welshpool,Powys Wales. I have only just found out her maiden name and if anyone can help I would be very grateful.
Many thanks
Pauline

Pete

Pete Report 26 Nov 2007 22:50

With such a common name it would be useful if you knew the name of her father from her marriage certificate.

Pete

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 Nov 2007 22:55

She does not appear on the IGI

Welshpool
C090771 1730-1803
(Ebenezer Calvinistic
Methodist) C104541 1813-1837
(Independent) C104631 1788-1837

Pete

Pete Report 26 Nov 2007 23:45

If you go the the website www.familyhistoryonline.net and buy some credits wou will be able to search the Montgomeryshire baptisms index which includes Welshpool for the period of interest..

There are plenty to choose from:

" Elizabeth EVANS found in Montgomeryshire Baptisms 47 entries in Montgomeryshire between 1810 and 1820 details £3.76 or list places £0.50 "

Pauline

Pauline Report 27 Nov 2007 08:58

Thankyou all for your help. I really do appreciate it.
Regards Pauline