Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for siblings for William John White

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 3 Dec 2007 20:57

Bill was born in Wokingham, Berkshire (15/3/1925). His parents are Ernest Edwin White and Annie Elizabeth Ralph. He was married to Euphemia Isobel Ritchie. Could anyone point me in the right direction to find out if he had brothers or sisters? Sadly, I need this information for his funeral later this week :-(

Thanks, Malcolm

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 3 Dec 2007 21:07

Could this be an older brother, mmn Ralph, also Wokingham

Births Sep 1913

White Edwin E Ralph Wokingham 2c 718

Selena

Selena in South East London Report 3 Dec 2007 21:08

Did the family stay in Wokingham?

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 4 Dec 2007 09:47

Yes, the family did stay in Wokingham with addresses in Matthewsgreen Road, Emmbrook Road and, latterly, Commons Road. Probably a dumb question, but is there an online resource for viewing Edwin's birth cert or does it mean a trip to the local registration office (unfortunately, I'm in Ireland)

Thanks, Malcolm

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 4 Dec 2007 10:05

Thanks Selena, it seems that you hit the nail on the head and it appears that Edwin was his elder brother. However, I can find no record of his death (I believe that he may have been killed in the war if that could be a reason why there is no death cert/record?).

Thanks for your help.

Malcolm.

Selena in South East London Report 4 Dec 2007 19:47

Hello Malcolm, I had a look on the Commonwealth war graves site but couldn't find him, here is the website

www.cwgc.org

You can order Edwin's birth online using the reference number I gave you. It should not cost more than seven pounds, through the GRO website.

Unfortunately we can't view any birth certs on line. I wish we could!

I will have another quick look for more siblings,

Selena

Selena in South East London Report 4 Dec 2007 19:50

Malcolm, here are some more White/Ralph births. I know that they are not all your family as the areas and dates don't match but I though you might as well have them to rule out.

Births Sep 1911 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

White Marjorie E F Ralph Chertsey 2a 101

Surname First name(s) Mother District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1912 (>99%)

White Albert F Ralph Havant 2b 703

Births Dec 1912 (>99%)

WHITE Elizabeth A M Ralph Redruth 5c 330

Births Sep 1913 (91%)

White Edwin E Ralph Wokingham 2c 718

Births Dec 1915 (>99%)

White Iris M Ralph Portsmouth 2b 628

Births Dec 1919 (>99%)

White Joyce R Ralph Lewes 2b 290

Births Mar 1920 (98%)

White Edith J Ralph Portsmouth 2b 905

Births Jun 1920 (96%)

White Thomas J Ralph Redruth 5c 377

Selena