Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Agnus Mary Cook

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jodie

Jodie Report 5 Dec 2007 11:06

I am trying to find any information on my gggrandmother, Agnus Mary Cook. I have no birth details for her but I know that she married Herbert George Davis (who was born 1889 in Wellington NSW) & they had a daughter named Elsie Agnus Davis (born 1901 Marrickville, NSW) Any information would be gratefully received as I cannot find anything about her.

Jodie

WayneTracey

WayneTracey Report 5 Dec 2007 11:54

Jodie, did they marry in the UK or Aus?

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 5 Dec 2007 12:21

I'm a bit confused

Herbert George Davis born 1889 and his daughter Elsie born 1901 - so Herbert was 12 years old when his daughter was born?

Have I misunderstood?
Selena

PS: Could she be mistranscribed as Agnes?

Jodie

Jodie Report 8 Dec 2007 22:22

Wayne, I am not sure where they were married but I am assuming Australia. However there is no record of a marriage in the NSW birth deaths & marriages.
Selena, I hadn't realised the dates. So now I am really confused. I know that Elsie was born in 1901 (have checked NSW BDM) & that her parents were Herbert George Davis & Agnus Mary Cook. Apart from that I don't have / can't find any more information apart from. The only bit is that Herbert George may have been born in 1880 in Wellington NSW. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Jodie