Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Roberts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 8 Dec 2007 07:11

All I have to start a family tree on my husbands side is Vincent Paul Roberts born 1919 in Liverpool,England married Edith Mary Clark born 1925/6 from Scotland. They had 3 sons Vincent,Thomas and Frank. In 1964 they all emigrated to Australia.
Does anyone have more info for me please

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 8 Dec 2007 07:20

You need to get their marriage or birth certificates. The marriage cert will give their fathers' names & occupations, while their birth certs will give both parents' names.

If you don't know how to do this just ask.

Ozi.

Gillian

Gillian Report 13 Dec 2007 11:11

Thanks Ozibird, how do I go about getting these certificates please
Regards Jill

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 17 Dec 2007 06:38

I guess you've seen this on Australian Archives.

Title
ROBERTS Vincent Paul, Edith Mary [nee CLARK], Vincent Paul, Thomas, Francis Gerald [British - migrant selection documents]
Series number
PP202/1 Control symbol
ROBERTS V Contents date range
1963 - 1963

Access status
Not yet examined Location
Perth Barcode

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 17 Dec 2007 09:16

His death

First Names Last Name Application Number
VINCENT PAUL ROBERTS KB00145385
Names are only recorded in capitals See legend for application code details
Aged (Years) Date of Death Suburb
50 10/09/1972 BALGA

Grave Location
KARRAKATTA CEMETERY ROMAN CATHOLIC OC 0599B
Cemetery Area or Denomination Section Gravesite
Grant Number Grant Status Expiry
K0074057 CURRENT 02/07/2012

the wife

First Names Last Name Application Number
EDITH MARY ROBERTS KC00143098
Names are only recorded in capitals See legend for application code details
Aged (Years) Date of Death Suburb
74 31/05/2000 BALGA

Sue
Ashes Request
TAKEN BY FUNERAL DIRECTOR FROM KARRAKATTA CEMETERY

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 17 Dec 2007 14:14

hi gillian....i have a day off work today ,so i`ve just spotted your request...i`m from garston,liverpool and my grandfather was reginald percival roberts.he had 4 brothers ,so i thought i`d trawl the lancashire births/marriages/deaths for vincent to see if he was related to my family...bad news i`m afraid...i`ve searched from 1916 to 1922 for vincent roberts born liverpool 1919......none on record...there is only ONE vincent roberts registered on lancs bmd between these 7 years and that is VINCENT ROBERTS born 1919 in ST Helens....just outside liverpool...where did you get your info vincent was born in liverpool??.....regards...garstonite ,liverpool

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 17 Dec 2007 14:42

thomas roberts b 1945 ,registered kirkdale,liverpool
vincent roberts b 1959 registered kirkdale,liverpool
seems a large gap between their births...no frank i`m afraid.....regards ...garstonite

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 17 Dec 2007 21:44

If you can get hold of Vincent &/or Edith's death certificates they should give you a whole heap of information depending on the informant's knowledge. However, I would presume one of them was the informant for the other, & should have had a few details. Australian death certificates are incredibly informative.

As for ordering UK certificates this is done through either the GRO for £7 (with reference numbers you should pay no more!) or the local registry office.

Because I assume you are living in Australia, ordering online though GRO (www.gro.gov.uk) is easiest.

You don't need the reference number but it is advisable to keep the cost down.

Ozi.

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 17 Dec 2007 21:47

I'm wondering about this one?

Births Dec 1920
Roberts Paul V Peverelli Doncaster 9c 1642

Looks like the above was a twin. Is that a possibility?
Births Dec 1920
Roberts Louis H Peverelli Doncaster 9c 1642
Roberts Paul V Peverelli Doncaster 9c 1642

Gillian

Gillian Report 17 Dec 2007 22:22

Thanks everyone for your help.
I've been away and offline but will sort the above info out. Watch this space. Meanwhile have a Happy Christmas .