Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

follow up look up plz 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 8 Dec 2007 12:46

jane howden born 1899 huntingdon or huntington york yorkshire, i don't have the mam or dad sorry, she is related to the coates family, my great uncle thomas howdens mother was jane coates

ty shirl

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 8 Dec 2007 12:57

possible mother is Ada

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Dec 2007 13:14

I don't understand if it's a Jane Howden you're looking for or a Jane Coates. You say Thomas Howden's mother was Jane Coates. So aren't you looking for a Jane Coates born 1899?

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 8 Dec 2007 13:52

i found a entry margaret on ancestry for people looking for dorothy jane howden, there i found a jane howden born 1899 york yorkshire, glitter baby kindly found jane howden born 1899 in huntington york,
north yorkshire, i as the person who has this entry on her ancestry family tree have coates as a family name, jane coates in my family married william clappinson howden, if anyone can find jane howden 1899 on the 1901 census i wud be really gratrful

ty shirl

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Dec 2007 14:05

OK, I see.
William Clappison Howden married Jane Coates Sep. Q 1871, Sculcoates.
So the Jane Howden that you're looking for is their daughter/grandaughter?

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 8 Dec 2007 14:13

Shirley, someone here on Genes has a Jane Howden born 1899, Huntington, Yorkshire.
Margaret

Shirley_05

Shirley_05 Report 8 Dec 2007 22:42

sorry for not getting back before margaret, william and jane had three children thomas richard and ada, thomas married my grandfers aunty richard died a child and ada died in 1915 her first child was born in 1897 but they are not howden, william the dad died aged 35 in hull asylum, were can i look to find this person, sorry to be a pain.

thanks so much shirley