Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bacon/James line-help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Dec 2007 15:00

Hi,
Barbara Bacon (nee James, born c1919) Hammersmith area, sister Pamela James born c1916 same area or near.
Barbara married Charles Bacon born Nottingham 1915, they had two boys Roger and John both born Bexhill on Sea. Charles was due to come home on leave from the forces but whilst he was away Barbara gave birth to another child Clive Bacon (not Charles's natural child), however she disappeared with Clive before he got home and left the other two children at home. Clive was born 1944 in Bexhill.
Clive may have had his name changed or given his Mother's name of James. She may well have remarried after Charles divorced her and been adopted by the husband.
I am looking for any help with regard to the JAMES side of the family and not the Bacon which I already have. So, I would very much like to know the parents of Barbara and Pamela, any siblings of the parents and or Grandparents. I would also like to know what happened to Clive if possible.
Hope there is someone who can help me, it would be very much appreciated.
Thankyou in advance
Jackie

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 15:02

Jackie

You'll need to get there B/C's for their parents names

Julie

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 15:05

Are you should they were born Hammersmith..as there is a Barbara born in Wandsworth in 1920

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2007 15:14

Possible birth?????

Name: Pamela G James
Year of Registration: 1914
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Hirst
District: Lewisham
County: Greater London, Kent, London
Volume: 1d
Page: 2248

reg

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Dec 2007 15:15

Thanks Julie, Yes I believe one of them was Wandsworth and one sister Hammersmith, I have just remembered when you said Wandsworth, it rang a bell.
Is there anything on the parents??? please.
Jackie X

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2007 15:16

Your best course of action would be to obtain Barbara's marriage cert, to find out accurately the name and occupation of her father.

Reg

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 15:17

Ok Then..Heres Barbaras

Births Jun 1920 (96%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Barbara W Mead Wandsworth 1d 1269

Im from Fulham..so know the areas around there

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Dec 2007 15:18

Thanks Reggie, sounds good, I did think that she was born Hammersmith, but Lewisham could be nearer Wandsworth where Julie has found one for Barbara.
I am only going by possibles from one of my sources.
Was there names of parents at all?? please.
Thankyou
Jackie

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 15:22

Jackie

If you are not sure then i would do what Reggie say and get their M/C first...cos both of the births that have go up have different MMNs

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Dec 2007 15:22

The one for Barbara would rule out the one I posted for Pamela.

And no, Jackie, the index does not carry the names of the parents..........as advised before, to find that info, you have to purchase the cert(s)

Reg

Julie

Julie Report 9 Dec 2007 15:27

Have you been intouch with the person on here called Joli...as she has a Barbara in her tree born Kensington

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Dec 2007 15:55

Thanyou so much Julie for your time and help. Joli is part of the family who is trying to find the same as myself, we are part of the same family. Thankyou anyway.
Will have to splash out and get MC's, was hoping that I would not have to buy anymore certs now I am retired LOL!!!.
Kind regards
Jackie X

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 9 Dec 2007 15:58

Thankyou very much Reg, was hoping I would get both with the same Mother, but hey ho! not to be. Although it is not beyond the bounds of possibility, seems to be a trait in the early family on that line LOL!!!.
Thankyou again for your time and effort Reg, been a great help and narrowed it down.
Kind regards
Jackie