Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prison records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gizmo

gizmo Report 9 Dec 2007 17:02

I wonder if any of you would know if it's possible to access magistates court records, assizes records or goaled records for 1953? . I know some records have restrictions or you have to be related but not sure if this applies to this or not.
Thanks
Tracy

Janet

Janet Report 9 Dec 2007 17:33

Try googling TNA and see what they have but I think you will find at least 75 years closure on prison records and most probably 100 years, to protect anybody who may still be living.

Janet North London Borders

gizmo

gizmo Report 9 Dec 2007 17:47

Thankyou janet, will try that and perhaps the news papers for that time might have something.
thanks
tracy

Janet

Janet Report 9 Dec 2007 17:52

Yes, Newspapers are one of the best sources for the background information to maybe trial and sentence..

Good Luck

Janet North London Borders