Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 09:38

I am looking for the 1901 census for George Broughton
born 1874 Burton On Trent Staffordshire
Spouse Helen Mary (could be Ellen)
born 1878 Brewood Staffordshire
married 1900

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 09:48

Thank you Elouise for the 1901 census does the census say what relation Livinia is ..could you please tell me who is head of the household. MANY THANKS

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 11 Dec 2007 10:17

Allan
Head of house is Joseph Harrison
Livinia is his Mother in Law

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 21:32

Good Morning Elouise, many thanks for the correction of George Broughton..no wonder I could not find him on the index..I say there has been an error in transcription of the original census..all other information that I have refers to the surname as Broughton....but it is always good to remember the other spellings as this often reoccurs...Helen Mary Braughton was born at Breewood Staffordshire and her maiden name was Betts

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 21:36

Good Morning Claire of Wales..Thank you for your imput in my census query..you must have good instinct into family history research.. always appreciate the research the volunteers do.....THANK YOU

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 21:45

Does it give the place of Birth for Bernard L Broughton (Braughton) age 6 years in the 1901 census..THANK YOU

Allan

Allan Report 11 Dec 2007 22:39

THANK YOU Elouise for the extra information..I was searching BMD and there are several Bernard L Broughtons ..so place of birth gives me the glue to the correct Bernard. MERRY CHRISTMAS