Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bremner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie-ann

Julie-ann Report 12 Dec 2007 01:25

My dads past is a little sketchy as he always told us that he was adopted by his auntie. He spoke of a brother John and of a sister that died as a young girl. I am sure that is real mum was called Agnus. He was born in Thread Street in Paisley before leaving in his early teens to play proffesional ice hockey...........Any help would be really appreciated.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 12 Dec 2007 02:16

Julie-ann -- if you give his approximate age or date of birth it could help to identify and possibly locate him.

Hmm. His given name would also help. ;)

(It may have been somewhere attached to your post when you wrote it, but if so, then because of the stupid system here, most people can't see it.)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 12 Dec 2007 02:24

Also, if you look in the phone directory on line

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

there are only just over 20 Bremners in Paisley now, including four Js and a John. Wouldn't be too hard to just give 'em all a call and inquire! There's a Bremner car dealership too; just google

Bremner Paisley

Now I may have got it completely wrong -- it seems that your dad has died and you're looking to learn about his family. If that's the case, I'd say that contacting Bremners in Paisley might be the place to start.