Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Australian Birth Death Marriages - Queensland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 12 Dec 2007 06:49

Can any one pls help. I am trying to track down info on the following which relates to an adoption. So I am desperate to try and find out as much as I can.

I have an Ivy Beryl Walker born Cooray , 28 Jan 1924 (Birth Mother)

Trying to trace her parents info, particularly death entry

Father; Robert Gordon Walker born 1902, Gympie, Qld
Mother; Myrtle Trethewey born 1905 Townsville Qld

With Qld historical records, do you need to provide details of relatives that you are tracing? Any help would be greatfully appreciated. I have tried the site but you dont get any details.

Many thanks.
Regards

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 12 Dec 2007 07:01

Hi Rhonda,

All the records you're refering to are held in the State Library of Queensland in Brisbane. Go to the following website and you'll find that they will do a search of the records for you if you're unable to get there yourself.

www.slq.qld.gov.au

Deb:)

P.S Don't forget that the 80, 50 and 30 year rule applies. 80 years after a birth, 50 years after a marriage and 30 years after a death. Otherwise, you will have to provide details, such as birth date, parent's names etc......

Valerie

Valerie Report 12 Dec 2007 08:25

HI Rhonda I checked the Brisbane Council's Cemeteries site -couldn't find Robert Gordon Walker BUT... found this: Ronald Robert Gordon Walker d 3/5/1990 age 62yrs (Hemmant). (a son perhaps?) The QLD State Library (already mentioned by Deb) can check if there's newspaper death notices (after 3/5/1990) which may give you some clues. -Valerie (WA)

Janet

Janet Report 12 Dec 2007 10:40

We belong to Townsville Family History Society which I would recommend to anyone with Townsville Relatives.

We found all our Townsville ancestors through them from 1880 right up to the year 2000 and when we visited them from the UK on our way to see our new found cousins the Townsville FHS made us feel so welcome. They send surface magazine every quarter and E mail newsletters practically every week. Google Townsville FHS for more information. They will also help on a personal level where you have ancestors still living in Townsville, which is the position we were in.

Sending Australian dollars is a bit of a pain so we do a three year at a time subscription which does help.

The following website should help you decide:

http://www.fhanq.org/index.html

On the website at the top of the page just click on to:
About Us/Library/Visitors/Members/HQ Reserves/Other Links/Whats new/Newsletters to find out more about the Society.

Janet North London Borders