Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can any of you kind people help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 12 Dec 2007 20:19

Hi
I am looking for the death of William Lamond after 1841 in Scotland. William Lamond was born 1766 in Craithie Aberdeenshire Scotland and I think his death would have been in Aberdeenshire.
Carrying on with the Scotland connection I am looking for the marriage of Marjory Lamond/t to ? McHardy around 1855/6 in Aberdeenshire.

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Kind regards Lisa

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 12 Dec 2007 20:28

Registration began in 1855 in Scotland.
To view you need Scotlands People which is a pay per view site.
You may be lucky & pick up the marriage that you are looking for on the IGI but will not give you as much info as Scotlands People

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 12 Dec 2007 20:34

Thank you for your reply Claire. I have tried Scotlands people and IGI without any luck thats why I thought I would try on here.
Thank you again Claire
Kind regards Lisa

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Dec 2007 20:40

there is this family in 1861

Name: Margary McHardy
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1819
Relationship: Wife
Spouse's name : William
Where born: Crathie, Aberdeenshire
Registration Number: 183
Registration district: Crathie and Braemar
Civil Parish: Crathie and Braemar
County: Aberdeenshire
Address: 1 Anchtavan
ED: 3
Page: 1 (click to see others on page)
Household schedule number: 6
Line: 20
Roll: CSSCT1861_27
Household Members: Name Age
Mary Coutts 22
Ann McHardy 11
Charles McHardy 2
George McHardy 9
James McHardy 12
Margary McHardy 42
Margory McHardy 5
Tean McHardy 3
William McHardy 42
William McHardy 7
George McOrmeck 40
Adam Mearns

Also there is a marriage on scotlands people in 1854 of a William McHardy to a Mary in Aberdeenshire, not sure if this is the marriage, you would need to buy credits to view.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Dec 2007 20:50

if you do a marriage search on scotlands people for 1855 and do groom william mchardy and marjory lammond and check both soundex boxes, there is a marriage match for braemar in Aberdeenshire.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 12 Dec 2007 20:52

if that is trhe right family above in 1861, was William married before, as I noticed there are children older than when he would of married Marjory.

Lisa Jane

Lisa Jane Report 12 Dec 2007 21:11

Thank you so much for your info Siobhan that was amazingly quick.
I think this is my family. Looking at the older children I think William must have been married before although looking at the age gap of all the children he didnt waste much time from one wife to the other.
Thank you so much again
Kind regards Lisa