Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick & Constance

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 13 Dec 2007 19:45

Hi - I am trying to track down my family - All i know is that my Grandparents are Frederick and Constance Gill known as Fred and Connie. They had 3 chldren Christine, Michael and Susan. I beleive they spent most of their lives living in North Finchely London and spent their last years living in Stevenage Hertfordshire. I am the eldest of Michaels Children and all 3 of Fred and Connie's grand kids I have a brother called Nathan and we have a cousin called Lauren who was born to Christine who married Graham...

If any of these names ring any bells please please contact me...

Thanks Charlotte..

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 13 Dec 2007 19:53

Are you wanting to track down your ancestors, Charlotte? Or living family members.

For ancestors, unrelated people here can probably help a fair bit. With a bit more info.

Approximate dates of birth for Fred and Connie, for starters!

This is likely your grandfather's death:

Frederick Charles Gill 3 Dec 1919 Feb 2003 83 Hitchin and Stevenage Hertfordshire

Two Constance Gills have died in that location since 1984:

Constance Lilian Gill 29 Dec 1923 Feb 2005 81 Hitchin and Stevenage Hertfordshire

Constance Mabel Gill 2 Nov 1910 Mar 1997 86 Hitchin and Stevenage Hertfordshire

Tell us which one is yours -- most probably the Constance born in 1923 -- and we can steer you, if it's ancestors you want!

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 13 Dec 2007 19:55

This is likely your grandfather's birth:

Name: Frederick C Gill
Year of Registration: 1919
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Mother's Maiden Name: Bailey
District: Chester
County: Cheshire, Flintshire
Volume: 8a
Page: 691

With that info, you can order a birth certificate to find his parents' names.