Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Glasgow Grant's (possibly moved to England)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 13 Dec 2007 23:10

GLASGOW GRANT'S

BERTRAM JOHN GRANT was my Great Grandfather and he was the son of WILLIAM CORBETT GRANT and GRACE FINLAY.

He was born in Glasgow 1898 and died in 1977, he had 3 older brothers...

JAMES GRANT, born 1887... married CHRISTINA KERR in 1907 and apparently moved to England.. Gran says Bath.. Mum says Brighton??

**UPDATE** I now know that Christina died in 1972 in Wiltshire, so much for mum and Gran telling me Bath and Brighton!

WILLIAM CORBETT GRANT, born 1891

GAVIN FINLAY GRANT, born 1893

Gavin was known as Guy and married Margaret Gray (known as Meg) and he stayed in Glasgow until his death c1962.

I dont know exactly what happened to William (known as Bill)

I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they may be related to any of these Grants.