Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Bagshaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 15 Dec 2007 22:34

Wondered if anyone had access to Sheffield Parish Records and could look up a Marriage for me.

William Bagshaw to Eliza

I have looked on IGI and Familysearch but cannot see them.

According to 1841 census their eldest child was 5 years old so I am assuming the marriage took place aroun 1835. I am also assuming Shefield as on this census Eliza is down as being born in Yorkshire but on 1851 census she is down as being born Yorkshire London.

In 1841 they were living at Bailey Lane Sheffield

In 1851 they were living at Lambert St, 13 Windles? Yard

William was a Tailor

Between 1851 and 1861 Eliza died as on 1861 William is down as a widow and lodging with the Norton family. Eliza Norton then becomes his wife in 1868.

Any help will be very much appreciated
Christine