Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Laura/Lora Walker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 15 Dec 2007 23:12

Searching for Laura Walker (aka Lora) b 1870 Leicester. She was a Lace maker and moved to Nottingham, when I don't know! She gave birth to my grandfather James William Walker 1889 ( she wasn't married at the time). 1890 she married James Walter King. weather or not he was the paternal father, again I don't know. However, JWW became James William King. Laura died 1915 of TB. It appears to be an estranged marriage as in the 1891 census the husband appears to be back living with his Mum! Yet on her death certificate she's still his wife. Laura had two sisters Ann and Alice. Her Mum and dad were Frances (aka Fanny) Chamberlain b 1839 Welford, Northants. She was a glove sticher and Samuel b 1842 Leicester. He was a boot maker.
Ring any bells out there............................Stuart