Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Emma

Emma Report 16 Dec 2007 09:12

Trying to find my maternal nans family. Her maiden name was sleight and i believe they were from london area. Her natural mother passed away when she was a young child. My nan had 3 sisters 2 who emigrated to the usa and have now passed on and 1 who emigrated to canada.My nans father remarried a lady called charlotte. His youngest daughter was only a babe and his other daughters were 7, and 2 teenagers.

All help greatly appreciated
Emma Manning

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Dec 2007 10:53

any date? names of the parents / siblings or even your nans first name might help.... - anything else to go on?

Lisa

Lisa Report 16 Dec 2007 11:07

presume your talking about the children/ your nan being born after 1900...

your looking for a needle in a haystack without anything else to go on....

i searched generally for births in and around london after 1901 and found these (there are others in west ham which i think was then Essex):

Births Mar 1908
Sleight Arthur Leslie Lambeth 1d 465

Births Jun 1910
SLEIGHT Florence Maud Lambeth 1d 431

Births Jun 1913
Sleight William E (Blanks) Lambeth 1d 863

Births Sep 1915
Sleight Henry G (Blanks) Hampstead 1a 934

Births Sep 1919
Sleight Harold V (Blank) Lambeth 1d 641

parents of william , henry and harold (possibly of the other 2 as well, but cant be sure without certificates):

Marriages Mar 1904
Blanks Florence Maud Camberwell 1d 1043
Sleight Fred Camberwell 1d 1043

i think this could be the above FRED in 1901:

Fred Sleight 19 Lincoln Canwick
living London Camberwell
occupation Gardener Domestic