Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roger Bannister (3 minute miler and surgeon)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 16 Dec 2007 09:25

For anyone interested in Rogers family tree.

I have researched Rogers tree and he descends from the Trawden Bannisters (Trawden, Lancashire), here goes:

Roger Bannister born 23 march 1929

His parents:
Ralph Bannister born 29 april 1894, Burnley, Lancs
and wife Alice Duckworth

Ralph's parents:
David Bannister born 9th june 1844, Trawden, Lancs
and wife Jane Tatham

David's Parents:
John Bannister born abt 1814, Trawden, Lancs
and wife Jane Hartley

John's Parents:
John Bannister born abt 1790, Trawden, Lancs
and wife Martha Simpson

John's Parents:
Absalom Bannister born abt 1760, Trawden, Lancs
and wife Martha Holmes

Please note, I have confirmed (with certificates) everything up to ralph bannisters birth certificate (1894). the rest is from 1901 back to 1841 census records.

I hope this proves useful to anyone attempting to link themselves with Roger Bannister.

.....and why did I research this, because my grandmother Mary Bannister told me we were closely related to him, alas if we are related it is a very, very distant relationship. I have only managed to trace my Bannisters back to Brighton/East Grinstead, Sussex circa 1780.

Happy hunting...........

Graham

Sharon

Sharon Report 29 Dec 2007 09:50

Graham
Iwould be interested in your own tree,it may match with some of mine.Sharon