Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Last census for the Year..Can anybody HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2007 10:24

I have a Annie Barlow b 1870
place of birth unknown but most likely in the Manchester area
who married a Benjamin Parsey in 1903 at Gorton Manchester Lancashire both Annie Barlow and Benjamin Parsey address is given as 87 Norton Street ..town not listed but more then likely Gorton/Hulme/Chorlton or Manchester
Annie Barlow occupation on the marriage certificate is not listed but her father William Barlow is deceased but occupation is given as a Wagon Maker.. Annie Barlow is a Spinster at time of marriage

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 17 Dec 2007 10:43

Your best bet is to try to find her on 1881, which is completely free on www.familysearch.org..........and on Ancestry, where you can enter extra info in the search box.

Reg

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2007 10:51

Thanks Reg I have tried the 1881 census but without a early census to go on dont feel confident in my results. Thanks for Ancestry tip about been able to add further information in the search box.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Dec 2007 10:59

Had already looked at that 1891 as I think this is the same family in 1881

Name: William Barlow
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1842
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Margaret
Where born: MacClsfd, Cheshire, England

Civil Parish: Newton
County/Island: Lancashire

Street address: 2 Juno St
Condition as to marriage: Married
Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Prestwich
Sub-registration district: Newton
ED, institution, or vessel: 11
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age

Ann Barlow 10
David Barlow 9
Elizabeth A. Barlow 4
Margaret Barlow 38
William Barlow 39
William Barlow 6
George James 28

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2007 11:06

Thank You Elouise and Glitter Baby for the census results..at least it will give me something to work on..all is appreciated

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2007 11:11

Hi Elouise, The marriage cert says that William was a Wagon Builder...as no census has come up with these details I feel that he may have taken this trade in between census..Many thanks for your result..interesting fact is that the same family keeps coming up...so there must be something there.

Allan

Allan Report 17 Dec 2007 23:32

Many Thank Elouise for your HELP and for sharing your knowledge. Merry Christmas from Australia..hope that you may have a white Christmas