Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

James Credland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sezzie

Sezzie Report 17 Dec 2007 23:08

I'm trying to find info on the parent's of James Credland b1819 or 1821 in Stow Lincolnshire. James married Ann Buttery b1825 & they had 3 children: Arthur, Alfred & Nathan.

I think i may have a connection on the 1841 & 1851 census record's, but am unsure.

Many Thank's
Sarah

Sam

Sam Report 18 Dec 2007 00:03

You need to get their marriage certificate to get the name of James's father:

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Dec 1846 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bingham Mary Anne Gainsboro 14 611
Bowskill Charlotte Gainsboro' 14 611
>>>>Buttery Ann Gainsbro 14 611
>>>>Credland James Gainsbro 14 611
Fox Jonathan Lincoln 14 611
Gaskin Ann Gainsboro 14 611
Rath John Gainsboro' 14 611
Salt Charles Samuel Gainsboro 14 611

Sam

Sam Report 18 Dec 2007 00:07

This looks like him in 1841 but as I said, you really need to get his marriage cert to confirm his fathers name and find his baptism:

Name: James Credland
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1821
Where born: Lincolnshire, England

Civil Parish: Stow
Hundred: Well
County/Island: Lincolnshire

Street address:

Registration district: Gainsborough
Sub-registration district: Willingham
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
George Credland 15
James Credland 20
Thomas Thornbel 40

Mary Mary QC

Mary Mary QC Report 20 Dec 2007 22:33

Im not sure but I think I maybe a part of this "strain" of Credland's. My Grandad was Walter and lived in Gringley on the hill! I don't know much about the family but Im sure i overheard "grown up" talk when I was little as to Aunts and Uncles in Sturton by Stow. Is this the same Credland?