Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help on Aram family Notts/Derbyshire?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Dec 2007 14:54

I'm trying to find the parents of my g.grandmother Ivy Edith Aram born amj 1902 in Basford Notts. As soon as I find who her parents are I can fit the family puzzle pieces together so I would really appreciate any help, I know only that Ivy had a sister called Lucy.....
Regards ... Michelle

***......Merry Xmas to all......***

Sam

Sam Report 19 Dec 2007 15:02

The only way to find out who her parents were is to get a copy of her birth certificate.

Sam x

Vera

Vera Report 19 Dec 2007 15:06

Hi
Sending for Ivys birth certificate, will get you her parents names...
Births Jun 1902 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aram Ivy Edith Basford 7b 234

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 19 Dec 2007 15:09

Hi Michelle,

Here are some Lucys...

Births Jun 1882 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aram Lucy Basford 7b 179

Births Jun 1905 (>99%)

Aram Lucy Adelaide Basford 7b 226

Births Mar 1906 (>99%)

Aram Lucy May Nottingham 7b 445

Regards Vera

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Dec 2007 15:22

Hi Vera... & herein lies another problem, I know that it's not Lucy May 1906 as she is already in my Tree, So it's either Lucy Adelaide 1906 or Lucy 1905 :o( without their parents name I'll not be sure.. until 2012 when the 1911 cencus is supposed to be released. Or as suggested pay for certificates.
Thanks to all for replies.. Michelle

Vera

Vera Report 19 Dec 2007 15:27

Hi Michelle
Puzzles, puzzles....family treeing is never easy :-)

Unfortunately buying the certificate is the only way.

Best wishes with your research.

Happy Christmas
Regards Vera

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Dec 2007 15:35

Many thanks for your replies & a Merry Christmas to you also. Michelle

Michelle

Michelle Report 19 Dec 2007 16:21

To All....

i've now applied for a b.certificate for Ivy.... 2012 is a long way away, couldn't wait that long.
regards Michelle.