Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George O'Donnell - Farmer from Castlebar, County M

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eleanor

Eleanor Report 21 Dec 2007 01:46

Patrick Joseph O'Donnell was my Grandfather who I never met and he came to London around the 1940s where he went onto marry and have five children. The story goes that the O'Donnells owned a large farm just outside of Castlebar that was passed down through the generations but Patrick came to London to escape this family business.

My research so far has led me to a birth certificate I believe may well be Patrick's:

PATRICK JOSEPH O'DONNELL born 1st FEB 1919 in BALLINABOLL, CASTLEBAR (in modern terms this is WESTPORT near Castlebar).

Father GEORGE O'DONNELL Mother MARY formerly BURKE. George was a farmer.

If this rings any bells with anyone then please, please get in touch. I remain an active member of this site.

Noreen

Noreen Report 21 Dec 2007 17:27

you should try the castlebar web site it has a roots message board, castlebar it is just a few miles from westport.