Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carroll Family Tree To Grow... can you help??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melissa

Melissa Report 21 Dec 2007 09:41

Hi,

I am looking for the Carroll side of my family. My grandfather Is Kevin John Carroll (born circa 1926). He married Alice Elizabeth (beth) Lee. Kevin's father I believe was born in Australia, Joseph Carroll (circa 1890). He was married to an Vera Harkensee. I have Vera's family, some of it but have no leads on Joseph.

Can anybody helps with a connection? Or maybe some advice? I ahve really hit a stump on this one.

Thanking you for your time,

Melissa Green.

Melissa

Melissa Report 23 Dec 2007 03:07

jan,

thankyou for looking for me...

My grandfather was born in on june 17th. His mother was vera harkensee. He was born in Australia.

Thankyou for looking for me, I am just at a brick wall with Joseph carroll, Kevin's father. I have lots of info on kevin's fathers side but can't seem to get any connection with his fathers side. I've been going at this for about 3 months straight so maybe I need to come back to it after the new year, give myself some time to relax without thinking of the tree every other day. I know it might sound silly but maybe my problem is i'm looking at the same things over and over. I need to be fresh and start again...

I really appreciate your help jan, it was very nice of you to look into it for me, thanks again.
warm season wishes,
melissa

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 23 Dec 2007 04:17

What area did Vera's family come from.See they come from Victoria,it is a pay per view site

http://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/index-search

Just did a quick search and there is only one birth for a Joseph Carroll from 1890 - 1910 it will cost you 99 cents to look at it about 39p

Sue

Melissa

Melissa Report 23 Dec 2007 22:23

thankyou sue, i will go and have a look. vera was from melbourne australia, her mothers side was from england and her fatherse side was fron germany.

thaks sue, thankyou so much. I ahve tried to search but maybe I've gone about it the wrong way...

seasons greetings,
melissa.

Sue from Perth Oz

Sue from Perth Oz Report 24 Dec 2007 06:45

Melissa

You have to search the Historical Indexes.Hope this helps
Have a great Xmas
Sue