Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Absent voters list leeds 1918

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Dec 2007 12:42

Tried to search the absent voters list for my grandfather to find his service details he was Joseph goddard from sheffield not sure what regiment he was in, can someone help me search or tell me how to search properly

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 22 Dec 2007 14:19

Jackqueline

Have you looked at the 'Pensions' records on Ancestry - there are a number of Joseph Goddard's on there?

Do you have a data of birth?
Some of the records mention next of kin - do you know his parents names or his wife (if appropriate)
Do you know if he survived WW1 or what areas he served in ie. France, Egypt, etc.

MB

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 22 Dec 2007 14:24

Did he servive the war? if so try looking for his pension records on Ancestry,

try looking for his medal card on the national archives site.

If he got married or had children during the war years his regiment or service number may be on the marriage/birth cert

Roy