Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Springett Burials Colchester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 22 Dec 2007 13:25

Hi. Is anybody able to tell me how I can go about finding out whereabouts my relatives were buried in Colchester. Are there listings somewhere or do I need to actually go to the place where they were buried?

thank you
Gayle

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Dec 2007 14:37

If you give the crematorium a ring, they may be able to point you in the right direction. Most cemeteries nowadays have lists of people buried in their cemetery on computer and should be able to check the name for you.

Colchester Crematorium
Mersea Rd
Colchester

Phone 01206 282950

Kath. x

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Dec 2007 15:10

The NBI (National Burial Index) discs do have lots of burials for Colchester, including some modern ones. It depends upon what years you need. If you tell me just the surnames you need, I can look for all of that name.
Either put the surnames on here, or send me a message

Linda

LindainHerriotCountry

LindainHerriotCountry Report 22 Dec 2007 15:12

Oops, the name was in the title.
I have sent you a message with the results

Linda