Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Boer War

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 22 Dec 2007 13:26

Hi, I am trying to confirm family stories that Robert Whyman (Wheelwright) served in the Anglo Boer War at the end of 19th century. All I have to go on that he would have been a Whyman or a Vernon as I have a photo of an Artillary regiment that has been passed down he would have been a volunteer but I am unable to get to the London record office to do any searches if I knew what records to look for I could ask a friend to do it for me.
Can anyone help please.
Thanks
Janet

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Dec 2007 14:08

If you have a look at this website, there are some names of people who served in the Boer War (but it isn't complete).

There is one Whyman and a few Vernons.

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Dec 2007 14:23

Ooops, Sorry, I forgot to add the link. It's as Pamela says:-

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/kevinasplin/home.html

Kath. x

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 22 Dec 2007 14:51

Another site for the BW

http://www.genealogyworld.net/boer/

MB

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 22 Dec 2007 15:23

He may have gone on to serve in WW1. His service records may be on Ancestry or at National Archives. If his service records survive, any Boer War records should be amalgamated with his WW1 records.