Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

harriet murphy liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FUZZY BEAR

FUZZY BEAR Report 23 Dec 2007 18:49

my great grandmother was born around 1863.in the 1871 census there is a harriet murphy who was an inmate at a workhouse in liverpool(parents and birthplace unknown)she later married my great grandfather richard aindow,i would like to know if there is any chance of me being able to find out who her parents were?

Sue C

Sue C Report 23 Dec 2007 18:56

You will need to buy your g grandparent's marriage cert which will give you the names of bride and grooms fathers.

FUZZY BEAR

FUZZY BEAR Report 23 Dec 2007 19:02

hi sue

it doesnt state it on the marriage certificate so i dont think im going to be able to trace them unless anyone else has any ideas,im beginning to wonder whether her name was even murphy or if that was just given to her.

Sue C

Sue C Report 23 Dec 2007 19:13

If her father's name is not on the marriage certificate, then she was probably born "out of wedlock" and would have been registered at birth as Harriet Murphy.......possibly her mother's name.

Sue C

Sue C Report 23 Dec 2007 19:24

I note that on the 1871 which you mention above, Harriet's birth place is down as unknown. Maybe she was born in Ireland?

Sue

FUZZY BEAR

FUZZY BEAR Report 23 Dec 2007 19:25

thanks sue,wouldn't her mothers name have been on the marriage certificate though? its blank.oh i dont know maybe she was an orphan

thanks again

Vera

Vera Report 23 Dec 2007 19:29

Hi,

Found this birth...obviously cannot say it is the right one...but...
Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Jun 1861 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bulmer Ann Mary Liverpool 8b 199
COLLINS Johanna Liverpool 8b 199
EDSON Robert Calvin Liverpool 8b 199
GRIMES John Liverpool 8b 199
Marriott Ann Liverpool 8b 199
>>>>>>>Murphy Harriet Ann Liverpool 8b 199
RICHARDSON Ernest Edwin Liverpool 8b 199
RITCHIE Francis Liverpool 8b 199
WILLIAMS Edward John Liverpool 8b 199

What do you think?

Regards Vera

Vera

Vera Report 23 Dec 2007 19:36

hi

Name: Harriet Aindow
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1862
Relation: Wife
Spouse's Name: Richard
Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Civil Parish: Litherland
County/Island: Lancashire

Street address: Sutton Place
Condition as to marriage: Married
Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: West Derby
Sub-registration district: Litherland
ED, institution, or vessel: 6
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Harriet Aindow 19
Richard Aindow 20

Regards Vera

Sue C

Sue C Report 23 Dec 2007 19:36

Hi Susi,

No.....mothers names are not on marriage certs, but normally you are lucky and get fathers name and occupation. If the father was unknown, then in the column where his name should be, unfortunately it remains blank.

FUZZY BEAR

FUZZY BEAR Report 23 Dec 2007 19:36

it might be vera i dont know im still wondering why her parents names are not on the marriage cert,or at least her mothers anyway?any ideas??

thanks

FUZZY BEAR

FUZZY BEAR Report 23 Dec 2007 19:39

thanks for your help sue much appreciated

Vera

Vera Report 23 Dec 2007 19:45

Hi Susi,
There would be no mothers name on her marriage certificate as Sue C states.......normally it states the father name and occupation....but if she was an orphan she may not know her fathers name or occupation.
The only other thing is to get her birth certificate....but it is knowing which is the correct one...

Regards Vera