Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Matthew PORTER - North Frodingham (in Dalton Thre

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley

Shirley Report 25 Dec 2007 08:02

I am trying to find the parents of a Thomas DALTON b. abt 1835/36 in Kelk, Yorkshire who married Charlotte ALLMAN in 1863 at North Frodingham. Fathers name I think may be Matthew Porter?, Farmer. Thomas and Charlotte emigrated to New Zealand that same year. Any information at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have the marriage certificate unfortunately the name is very hard to read. Charlotte's father is William ALLMAN, Blacksmith, Driffield area.

I have a copy of his Death Certificate where his name is Matthew Dalton. Which name is correct? No mothers name on either.

Recently received death certificate for Henry Dalton b. abt 1831 brother to Thomas, born in Kelk, mother Ann DALTON, father unknown. Henry married Racheal CROSS in New Zealand.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Dec 2007 19:04

If you bought his marriage certificate you would know the fathers name for definite and have further details to help trace backwards. £7 from GRO online using the following reference.

Marriages Jun 1863
ALLMAN Charlotte Driffield 9d 413

DALTON Thomas Driffield 9d 413