Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

English Brookman Descendent of William in late 180

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 29 Dec 2007 00:19

My nana was the daughter of Harold Percy Charles Brown (Born around Hertfordshire on a family farm. Parents had several children, names unknown) and Lucy Katherine Brookman who lived in Fulham, London in about 1928 and later moved to Icklesham, Sussex. Lucy's father's name we believe was William Brookman born in about 1880 and married to we think Emmay Lucy / May Smith. Besides Lucy and Ivy, William and Emma had George, Stanley and another child who died early on. I believe all but Ivy were born before 1911 up to possibly 10 years earlier. George and now his descendants I'm told were in the Royal Marines, Stanley was an artist and has a son named John Brookman last known to live in Bournement and has three daughters - Annie, Rose and Daisy. I really want to find out more about the Brookman & Brown side of my family - if you have any info, please email me. Thanks!