Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying for the impossible

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 29 Dec 2007 04:46

My husband was put into a home in England in the nineteen fourties.His mothers name was Janet louise Shelley and his father Thomas Charles Allard.They were married in 1940 and lived in the London area in the 1940.Is it possible to find them in any census around that time so I can get thier ages and where they were born so as to help build a tree for him on his side.
Marilyn

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Dec 2007 05:58

Marilyn,

The most recent available census is 1901. Your best bet is to buy their marriage cert to get their ages.

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Dec 2007 05:58

you should be able to find the marriage cert ,that will give their ages and each dads names ,hopefully, so you can then work backwards. will take a look for you.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Dec 2007 05:59

This could be a birth for Thomas:

Births Mar 1913
Allard Thomas C Shoreditch 1c 112

MMN Thacker

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 29 Dec 2007 06:03

Here it is

June qtr 1940

Thomas C Allard to Shelley Dorchester 5a 1363
Janet L Shelley to Allard Dorchester 5a 1363

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 29 Dec 2007 07:00

Thanks for all you help everybody.Looks like I will have to send for the marriage certificate like you say.
Thanks Marilyn