Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret (Maggie) McAteer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 29 Dec 2007 10:08

I am desperate for some help to work out what happened to my paternal aunt Maggie McAteer. She was born in 1919 in Co Antrim, Ireland. She was baptised at Greenlough catholic parish and the family lived in the Portglenone area and later in Old Tyanee Road. She remained in Ireland when her family - father Joseph in 1925 and mother, Charlotte (nee McMullan), and brothers, Joseph and Patrick, in 1926, emigrated to Australia. It is thought she was still alive in 1930 when her sister, Mary, was born in Brisbane, Qld.
Could anybody check the death and marriage records for Margaret McAteer to help me work out this mystery. This is the only way I can hope will help me trace what happened to this relative.

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 29 Dec 2007 10:51

She could still be alive!! My Mum was born that year and she is 88 and very much alive..though not always "with us"!!

Although...why would the parents leave a 6 year old behind?

Suzanne