Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

USA Passenger Lists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 30 Dec 2007 00:30

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help please. I have reason to believe that members of my maternal grandparents and paternal grandparents went to USA. Can you please check names of Mattless and Moate? I'm sorry I don't have any further info and fully appreiciate if you are unable to do a search due to not enough info. Many thanks and kind regards.

HelenBrissie

HelenBrissie Report 30 Dec 2007 02:23

Hi Julie

Have you searched the Findmypast.com passenger index, it currently covers 1890 - 1939

or Ellis Island website http://www.ellisisland.org, you can register free and then search index.

best of luck
Helen

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 30 Dec 2007 02:41

Do you know when they might have left? And, where they were living before they left (what county or town)?

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Name: J Mattless
Arrival Date: 7 Dec 1945
Ship Name: Queen Elizabeth
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 5
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_7036
Page Number: 580

There may be more for Mattless; that was with exact spelling.

There are a lot of Moates.

Joan

Joan Report 30 Dec 2007 15:41

Julie,

Are these your relatives?

View Record Name Arrival Date Estimated Birth Year Gender Port of Departure Ethnicity/ Nationality Ship Name View Ship Image View Passenger List
View Record

Preview
Name: J Mattless
Arrival Date: 7 Dec 1945
Ship Name: Queen Elizabeth
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 5
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_7036
Page Number: 580
View
Original
Record

Take a look at the picture to see even more.

See more

J Mattless 7 Dec 1945 Queen Elizabeth
View Record

Arthur Mattless Williams 9 Mar 1937 abt 1905 Male Southampton, England English Queen Mary

Joan

Joan Report 30 Dec 2007 15:50

It appears that J. Mattless was a sigmn and was on leave to England. It listed a Mrs. J.R. Mattless at 142 Gilmore Ave., in Toronto, Ontario. If you email me your email address, I can send the actual document.

Joan

Joan

Joan Report 30 Dec 2007 15:52

The ship's record for Arthur Mattless states his place of birth as London. He was in advertising.

Joan

Joan Report 30 Dec 2007 15:57

Julie,

Do you have any idea of approx. when your families immigrated? If the above are members of your family, they will not show up until the 1940 census becomes available.

Joan