Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone going to National Archives when they reopen

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christina

Christina Report 30 Dec 2007 05:26

I need a look up in record HO26/20 for November/December 1814. These are the records of admittances to Newgate jail and may carry a description of my relative Cornelius Crawley. He was sentenced to six months imprisonment on 30th November 1814. Sub section 20 carries the records for the full year of 1814, so this information would be at the end of the record. I am in Australia so cannot go and get the record myself. If possible I would like a copy of the entry if there is one and will pay for this. Can you help me?
Many thanks. Christina

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Dec 2007 11:37

Hi Christina,
I cannot help with this search but have you look at the National archive web site you can order all sorts of documents, and there is load of different items with ref to Cornelius Crawley. Re: War records etc and one states he was Cornelius Crowley alias Cornelius Crawley born in Cork Ireland also wife Elizabeth this one is yours.
Hope i have helped a little all the best margaret

Christina

Christina Report 31 Dec 2007 05:41

Thanks Sophie, I already had this and seeing as age is a definite match am hoping the description will tell me more. I have gone as far as I can on the net as the info I now require is not available online.

Christina

Christina Report 2 Jan 2008 10:43

Researcher now contracted to find information, many thanks to all
Christina