Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Apprenticeship records for Leicester

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 31 Dec 2007 11:37

In trying to find my husband's father, William JOHNSON, my last resort is to hopefully find his apprenticeship record(s). On husband's birth cert he is listed as "Engineer's Fitter at Hosiery Machine Building Works". I contacted KFAT and was advised he'd have been a skilled man and would have completed an apprenticeship, probably at Bentley Cotton.
Unfortunately my contact at KFAT left due to ill health and I can't get any further help from them. Nor have I had any reply to my emails to Bentley Cotton.
I'm told the apprenticeship records are probably held at Wigston Records Office - but we live in TASMANIA and that's a heck of a long way from here!! They are not online at present.
Can anyone help? Any advice on where to go next???