Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Sangster Stevenage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beverley

Beverley Report 1 Jan 2008 00:24

Hi, I am looking for any information on Ethel nee Fitches and Thomas Sangster. I remember visiting them when I lived in Stevenage many years ago. I remember they had a son John but don't know if there were any other children. I was led to believe that Ethel was my grandfathers (Ernest Fitches b 1898, Suffolk) sister but now believe this to be untrue. Can anyone help piece this part of my tree together please. I think she was a Fitches but maybe she was a cousin. I can't seem to tie her in with Ernest at all. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Regards Bev

Heather

Heather Report 1 Jan 2008 00:37

Beverley, we found an Ethel Fitches marrying a Sangster in Ware and Stevenage Hertfordshire the other evening? The only way you are going to tie her in is to look for the marriage of that Ethel and then buy the marriage cert to see who the father was. Or indeed, buy the birth cert - you have the date and ref below.

So that no one wastes time duplicating my research - this is what I found :

Name: Ethel May Fitches
Year of Registration: 1905
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Ware
County: Hertfordshire
Volume: 3a
Page: 712 (

This would tie in with this death :(that is, an Ethel May Fitches married a Sangster in Hertfordshire)

me: Ethel May Sangster
Birth Date: 18 Aug 1905
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1996
Age at death (estimated): 90
Registration district: Hitchin and Stevenage
Inferred County: Hertfordshire
Register number: 1B
Entry Number: 264