Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

City of London Cemetery - anyone going there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 1 Jan 2008 12:00

Hi, am still tracking down my nans grandparents and after a lot of nos from places am hoping City of London Cemetery has him.

Because of the cost of a search there was going to have a day out and come down by train problem is that was going to be thursday but we now have snow forecast and you know what the trains are like with a little bit of snow and as children were coming is a no go now and will have to wait til the next week at the earliest when I will be on my own which hubby isnt to keen on as I have trouble walking.

So if anyone is going there before I can get there and are willing to do me a look up could they let me know please .

I know the death date so wouldnt be books and books to look at.

thanks

Dawnie xx

Diane

Diane Report 1 Jan 2008 14:20

Dawnie,

I will be going to London cemetaries in a while, not immediately though, let me know if you find what you're looking for or not, in the next week or so, and I will try to help if I can.

I still need to locate 2 graves where I have death certificates, but don't yet know where they were buried, can you give any suggestions how to go about it?

Diane from the freebmd thread!

bob

bob Report 1 Jan 2008 14:24

Where is The City of London Cemetry ?

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 1 Jan 2008 14:43

Bob

Is Forest gate area apparently just round the corner from Manor Park Cemetery.

Diane

Mine were from Chadwell Heath so sent email to Barking and Dagenham council who sent email to their cemetries officer who checked their 3 cemetries but werent there they suggestedf like people on here manor park, I had a search done by them was £6.50 as I knew date of death, wasnt their I wrote to one in Haiult werent there.

Am hoping he is in City of london one and nan is sure they were buried together so will help us find her as cant find death reg for her.

Might be going Friday now if weather is any good as dad said he will drive us down if you would like us to check if they are in there if you can pm me details will check for you but need to let them know beforehand so they have right books ready.

Mummy Bear

Mummy Bear Report 1 Jan 2008 14:45

See this site - they have one at Epping

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/corporation/our_services/health_safety/cemetery_crematorium/

MB

Diane

Diane Report 1 Jan 2008 14:46

Dawnie,

No, mine will be south london, so I don't think we are likely to find them in City of London then !!

I need to get emailing!

cheers