Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

australian ancesters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jenny

Jenny Report 1 Jan 2008 21:20

hi i was wondering if someone would be able to help me. I dont really have a lot of information to go on but i was looking for a relative that i know moved to australia his name was frederiock edward aylett and he was born in1889 in faversham kent england and i know that he moved to australia but all i know about that is that it was before 1946 and that is all i know. If someone could maybe point me in the right direction or tell me what else i need to find out to fiond him in aus. Thanks very much jenny

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 1 Jan 2008 21:28

This looks like a relation. Initially I thought it was a son but looking at the image he's 31 when he joined up in 1916. Far too old for your Frederick!

Australian Imperial Forces
Aylett Edward John Thomas : SERN 2817 : POB Kent England : POE Melbourne VIC : NOK F Aylett Frederick

(Place of birth Kent, Next of kin father - Frederick Aylett)

However looking at the image it seems his father is still living in England.

Jenny

Jenny Report 1 Jan 2008 21:30

thanks for looking for me i will have to try and find out some more information about him

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 1 Jan 2008 21:31

I've updated my original posting. You can view the image on the Australian Archives site.

Ozi.

Jenny

Jenny Report 1 Jan 2008 21:33

cheers again.i appreciate your kindness

Narelle

Narelle Report 2 Jan 2008 11:33

Hello Jenny
NSW BDMS
I couldn't find his marriage in NSW

death
Aylett Frederick Edward Paddington
#9295/1953 father Charles