Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with death look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frazzled

Frazzled Report 2 Jan 2008 15:44

I am trying to find the death of my Great Grandfather and have had no success. I would be grateful for any help.

William Wills born c1815 in Sittingbourne, Kent
Married Ellen Medhurst 14/10/1838 St Alphage, Canterbury
Lived in Canterbury area mainly in St Stephens, Hackington from 1841 census up to 1891 census.

Cannot find him in 1901 census
In 1891 census he is 76 and a labourer in sandpits
His wife Ellen died in 1895 in Blean, Canterbury.

Have looked so long have become cross eyed so might easily have missed it. Fresh pair of eyes appreciated!!

Caroline

Julie

Julie Report 2 Jan 2008 15:59

What about this one

William Thomas Wills
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1820
Year of Registration: 1899
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death: 79
District: Elham
County: Kent
Volume: 2a
Page: 729 (click to see others on page)

Frazzled

Frazzled Report 2 Jan 2008 16:47

Thank you Julie, hadn't seen that one. I don't know if he had a middle name so it could be him.

When he married Ellen Medhurst she already had a daughter called Rhoda Ann and she used Medhurst and Wills for her surname and I think I have found a death for her in Elham in 1896. Maybe he went to live with her when Ellen died but Rhoda died before he did!!!

Will have to investigate. Thanks again for your time.

Caroline